The eye of the customer
The Product Quality Index (PQI) is a Product Audit that has been developed to provide an assessment of the quality of the end product based on the set product standard and through the eyes of the user. This judgment serves as an incentive and starting point for the improvement machine.
The PQI method is used at:
The PQI method is as simple as it is effective. It assumes that a product (truck, train, asset) is delivered to the user (driver or operator, road user) without errors. In PQI terms: 0 penalty points.
In addition, the method also assumes that the impact of the error (s) determines the number of penalty points.
• Twenty penalty points for a foul with a high security risk
• Ten penalty points for a serious error that threatens the functioning of the train
• Five penalties for a minor foul
• One penalty point for a cosmetic foul
The audits are carried out by an independent quality service set up for this purpose.
The quality is determined in both an objectively and subjectively by means of the PQI (product audits):
• Objectively: the extent to which a product or service meets the specifications. The target quality is always 100%: i.e. no deviations (shortcomings)
• Subjective: the degree to which a product or service meets the expectations of the customer.
Rafiki RAMS has built an app-based environment to facilitate a continuous improvement machine based
on the PQI-methodology.
The PQI app facilitates the input of objective and subjective observations of an audit directly via your telephone or IPad into a database.
The data are directly transferred in a report which is individually accessible via an app.
The reports are also accessible via a web based environment.